When hurricane Katrina devastates New Orleans, Blink and three of his friends set off on several robberies and heists for Cousin Bass.
– Before: Had a panic attack realizing I was at the wrong theater and had to drive 25 minutes to the right one. Might have missed a couple minutes of the beginning of the movie unfortunately which is annoying. Been wanting to see this D:
– five – ten minutes in and I’ve just been quietly watching what they set up here. This all is very realistic in how it portrays the systematic racism that African Americans face in the US. I sympathize with the MC’s story.
– This antagonist character is reaaaallly interesting.
– 0.0 UM
– EXCUSE ME.
– Yeah, no thank you 😂 That was just a very cruel and unusual punishment.
– This is my type of protagonist. I really like his personality and POV on things. I can relate with how he processes things and how he makes his decisions.
– So is giving me some sort of Robin Hood vibes. Steal from the rich to give to the poor vigilante type. At least that what I believe the direction of it is.
– We stan a supportive wife.
– OH CRAP. What happened! :O
– OH NOOOOO
– Yeah, that was such a big risk and if someone dies, it’s definitely not worth it .-.
– I can see both perspectives here of the reverend and Blink.
– Gosh all of these character dynamics and development and conflict building is really really good.
– Ugh, I dont understand strip clubs and the appeal for them at all. That’s just me, like I get; but whatever. 😂
– (I hate that I missed some of the beginning I’m so sorry. Does this take place around the time of hurricane Katrina? I’ll look up what I missed after the movie’s over.)
– GOSH I HATE THIS RACCOON. CAN WE NOT.
– THANK YOU
– NO, THE DOG. NO.
– WHY YOU GOTTA DO THAT! THATS CROSSING THE LINE X_X
– “He killed the f-ing dog.” That’s right. I hate him. XD
– His dad really is in the woods in a shack with a shotgun. :O
– Lucinda Valencia is a good character too! All the characters so far are very solid AND THATS EVERYTHING TO ME.
– It’s like I get it. Robbery isn’t something that I condone, but seeing how everything is. It makes sense. I hope there is a good resolution in the end ^_^
– Councilman has got some character growth too. EVERYONE GETS CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT YAY! 😀
– I think we are around halfway through. So far everything is structured so well and I only have minor complaints really. I’m very impressed.
– This movie is so intelligent with character dialogue and interactions between others. I think all of the conversation is the most engaging part of this film. You can see everyone’s perspective clearly and the angles they are coming from. It’s refreshing to see a smart movie like this. It feels like forever since I’ve seen one lol.
– …that said, I can go without the stupid strip club (IM SORRY I CANT 😂)
– oh no, this guy is weird 0.0
– Where are we now? Oh gosh x_x I don’t like this guy D:
– Is this another pastor? I liked the other one better. This guy gives me creepy vibes I don’t know about him 🤣
– And he has some concubines too?? While speaking scripture?? Oof, I don’t like him at aaaaall.
– OH NO
– ….What just happened?
– I don’t like the direction this is going. GAH, WHAT HAPPENED. THINGS WERE SO GOOD. This new pastor character is ruining it. Oh nooooooo.
– How come he is so prominent in like every scene all of a sudden???? Things are falling. apart.
– He is too quirky and aloof of a character. Dang it, the whole flow and structure has come to a complete halt. X_X Can he go away?
– WHOA! WHAAAAT!!!
– IM SO SHOCKED. HE JUST SHOT THE CUZ!
– I HATE THIS! I NEVER SWITCH UP FROM LIKING TO HATING A MOVIE SO BAD OMG!
– Hopefully this weird character is gone now, like can we get back to the story???? Maybe????
– ….yeah, the way Cuz died was so cheap. Like, I just- I’m not okay with that.
– Back to the robbery…
– Oh nooooo, they crossed the line here D:
– OH NOOOOOO
– They really shouldn’t have done this. 😦
– OH NOOOOOOOOOOO
– ARE YOU SERIOUS 😭
– IM CRYING NOOOOOOO
– HE SURRENDERED! FOR REAL?
– HE DREW AN F-ING MASTERPIECE
– I CAN’T 😭
– ….SEVEN YEARS???? That really hit. X_X
– AFTERCREDIT!!! Oh whoa. This a pretty stuffed aftercredit scene 0.0
– After: I’m kind of emotionally destroyed. There is a lot to kind of unpack here…
– Pacing (2.5/5)
– Quality (4.5/5)
– Structure (4.5/5)
– Immersion Meter (4/5)
– Ending (3.5/5)
– Soundtrack (5/10)
– Featured Artists (3/5)
– Reels You In (2.5/5)
– Tone (3/5)
– Camera (7/10)
– Special Effects (7/10)
– Direction (5/5)
– Main (12/12)
– Supporting (6/8)
– Minor (3/5)
The Bias Balancer: so far the overall score is 72.5/100. Dropping it down to 70 because the Saint was bizzare af. Lol.
Overall (70/100 ⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2)
It feels like forever since I’ve seen engaging storytelling like this. I want to save more thoughts for whenever I watch this again because I missed some of the beginning and I want to save further words til then.